‘The fields of panic’ – a 639 word novel by Daisy Willows
OH MY POOR GOLLY GOSH! (that sounds so lame- bear with me)
I have only just seen in my inbox that I have signed up for Blogging 201 and Writing 101! I’m obviously thrilled to bits but it is the 2nd of November and I have not wrote one single word for Nanowrimo yet !
Life has a dreadful habit of getting in the way. I’m not including important people in my life although they can take up well spent time too. I refuse to give in or give up. Need a powerful inspiring song
Although the above song does make me feel more like a machine.
This may be a teeny tiny better
– It resonates more with my topic of the day. It is rather- no terribly cheesy though….
I don’t know if it is just little old moi but I have tragic, disabling thoughts of my capacityand my ability to write well. I should be really inspired since I got a damn good result for my final 30 credit module of – ‘Advanced creative writing’ at uni. I get panic attacks ( perhaps I am slightly dramatising this) about writing for the monthly article in the ‘Healthy minds’ newsletter. I’m always rather shocked when people think my content is great! I know my writing is not great in the sense that writing an article for the top newspaper would be. However, praise is praise right?
I have these expectations that because I identify myself as a writer I should be banging out whopper stories and cracking posts- daily. Does anyone do this? I can’t write a credible short story of 200- 2500 in say, one day. I would need a lot of editing to make sure the story develops and reads as something I would want to put to the public.
Life this week consists of:
- Household shopping and looking for my graduation dress ( my gradation is this Friday)
- A dentist appointment and a catch up with an important individual
- Week 6 of WRAP – three hour session – and updating it on to my WRAP page
- Paying monthly bills ( I am rather retro and old fashioned when I pay my bills- no on-line shenanigans for me)
- Actively working with my daughters pre school to get her out of full time nappies
- buying a new mirror on a super tight budget ( I only broke my fave mirror in my bedroom a couple of days ago) NO I AM NOT SUPERSTITIOUS ABOUT THIS AT ALL (I don’t know if I am being sarcastic or not about this)
- doing Blog 201 and Writing 101
- getting anything down to hit my word target with Nanowrimo
- Graduation in Manchester ( most of the time will be spent trying to find a hat for photos)
- getting out the way of my hubby to be – He is currently re decorating our home
- Going to visit my cousin (who is ill at moment)
- Getting my hair done
- mindful of not spending too much dosh due to wedding fund
- Normal work
It might not look like a lot, however, if you add into the mix the pressure I put on myself to get everything perfect and having my finances in order, along with the pressure of finding a dress that makes me look -va va voom- in a non photo shopped way. Add this to the 101 million Bipolar led thoughts telling me to have it all done RIGHT NOW- YESTERDAY!
So, in my head I have it all figured out- actually I don’t. I am not much of a planner. I am more impulsive and spontaneous.
Wish me luck all , I am going to need it.
P.S. I will be not be needing to drink more than one cheeky cocktail by the end of this week. I am not puffing on my E-vape constantly- at all. Also I have not contemplated increasing my nicotine at all. I did not have sexual relations with that woman! Honest…….
Posted on Nov 2, 2015, in poetry, WRITE TO RECOVER and tagged Creative Writing exercises, Emotions, freestyle writing, Life habits, MY WORLD, Overcoming Writers Block, panic attacks, POWER POETS, WRITE TO RECOVER. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.